I want to drive my 1986 Nissan pick-up truck from Maryland to California. It's a one-owner truck with 73,000 miles on it. Is this a good idea?

Asked by Aug 19, 2013 at 03:37 PM about the 1986 Nissan Pickup

The truck has been kept outside since I bought it and has never needed any major repair.  
It has always been driven gently.

90,715

If I was taking a trip like that I would have all of the belts and hoses changed, have it serviced completely changing all of the fluids, packing the wheel bearings and you are so close to the 80000 mile mark tune it up as well. Some money spent now before you go will possibly same you a major tow bill plus repairs out there on the highway. And remember to take along some extra oil and coolant cause you never know when they might just come in handy.

Best Answer