86 Nissan pick up fuel pump trouble. How to fix?

Asked by Jul 09, 2013 at 12:20 AM about the 1986 Nissan Pickup

86 Nissan pick up fuel pump trouble, not getting power to the fuel pump.  all fuses and
relays seem to be in working order.  it is not the fuel pump itself, tried to replace but still
did not work.  we think there is a ground issue with the wiring.  in the relay fuse under the
hood we grounded out the white wire with red stripe and the fuel pump moved some fuel.  
where should we go from here?

Make sure your battery is younger than five by looking at the knock-off labels at the top of your battery...the black clamping 1/0 cable should be cleaned from any corrosion with a coarse wirebrush...the lug, and the place where the cable makes it's electrical connection...all should be made clean and re-assembled....next the cable that goes to the engine block should be clean and present...this way we will have the 300 or so need cold cranking amps to spin your motor around~ Your chassis, the fuel pump and everything else connected to the frame depends on THIS connection...also the red cable which goes to the starter solenoid should have good electrical connection this and the little red lolipop connector from the alternator and auxilliary positive devices~ don't monkey around with the wiring...put it right...put it new and solid~...thanks~

get it all cleaned up with new 12.5 volts or more power? yay.