86 nissan 720 ecletric feul pump

5

Asked by Sep 22, 2010 at 12:41 AM about the 1986 Nissan Pickup

can any one help me my feul pump works sometime an sometimes it does could this affest the car from starting if so waht are some solutions

5

mine does the same thing what i do instead of fixing it is i turn the key back and forth 3 to 4 times then mine will start try that hope it helps

I would suggest checking the electrical connections to the fuel pump, especialy the ground, wheter it's by wire or just bolt to frame. May or not affect starting problem. Our 86 720 is on LPG, so don't have that problem.

30

My 1984 had the same problem. Look inside the back of the glove box for a relay. It cost around $36 at the dealer.