Motor transplant

Asked by Aug 22, 2010 at 04:40 PM about the 1986 Nissan Pickup

I have a 1986 4x4 Nissan Hardbody and I want to buy a 1985 300zx to put the 3.0 V6 into the truck. The car has an automatic tranny and the truck has a manual, I want to keep the manual transmission in the truck. I want to keep it as simple and "bolt in" as possible. Any suggestions on motor mounts, transmission mounts, and clutch assembly to add to the list?

615

you might be able to find a truck that has the motor mounts and such that you need of the year truck you have.. you might also be able to use some newer mounts and such out of a newer pickup

80

you might need to find other parts to put it in but the motor mounts might already line up and if the to motors have the same Bellhousing bolt holes u can just switch them out. but the motor might not have enough torque to turn the tires so u might also have to put a rear end under it to. or some gears u might just luck out though so u don't have to worry about any of it.

325

also with that 3.0, you might have to get a bigger transfercase, unless you dont want to go 4x4 anymore... because youlll tear that thing to shreds