anybody know what could be wrong

Asked by Jan 22, 2016 at 02:52 AM about the 1987 Nissan Pathfinder

It will start fine then wasn't to idle slow and die if I don't hold it at about 2000 rpm for a minute then it's fine I'm
not sure if this is the weather or its related to what just started. The other day I was driving when it started
sounding like it wasn't getting enough gas so I gave it more to which the sound stopped until I let off the gas
then it sounds like it's trying to choke itself and she died. Tried to start her back up and it acted and smelled
like she was flooded so I let her sit for about 15 minutes and she started about another 10 minutes into driving
her home she did the exact same thing smelled like she'd flooded again to than this morning she started just
fine (didn't go anywhere just started the engine) except for the slow idol but after I had her on the idol picked up
and she ran like normal i also noticed my muffler had broken where the catalytic converter feeds into it and
where it attached to the tail pipe  could that be causing my problem or could it be something else

45

Sounds like a fuel delivery problem. Check fuel pump. filter, regulator and rail as well Justin Case.

43,605

It is possible the exhaust has some restriction, catalytic converter would be another thing to have checked out. Should have the exhaust checked for restrictions.