Would the security feature in the 89 nissan 300zx cause the vehicle not to turn over?

Asked by Nov 13, 2007 at 01:23 PM about the 1989 Nissan 300ZX

battery sat in car for almost a year. Jumped the battery, drove it for 30 minutes & it didn't hold a charge. Took the battery out & put it on a charger. Worked fine for about 5 hours & then all of sudden decided not to turn over. This happened before & I locked the door & unlocked it again & it started right up. Not this time. I was thinking that it might be the security feature again.

could be, but i expect a dead battery.

40,235

Sounds more like dead battery or alternator output not able to charge battery due to poor battery condition.

There are two feeds on the pos side of battery one to ignition one to starter disassemble connector clean connections problem solved.

im having the same problem with my 89 300zx, i have installed a new starter and tried almost everything, even ripped out the security system in it but still nothing is happening. the only sound i can hear are the relays. i had the problem before when i had to get out lock and unlock my car to turn it on and that worked. i have tried that several times and still nothing has happened. ill take any opinion on it.

I have a working security module if you want it

On the positive side of the battery are two leads one for ignition feed,one for starter lead if the starter lead is dirty its wont turn over.

I wont need the security module but thanks anyways i have mine ripped out for the mean time but that something i have really checked and ill try it out tomorrow morning and see if it does anything. Not saying it wont but my dad and friend and i have tried almost everything to get it to start and nothing has worked yet, but it does sound like it could be that. We cant get the gear in the new starter to push out to the flywheel.

The black wire w yellow stripe connected to starter as a test use a spade connector plug it on to this terminal touch to pos side of battery if solenoid kicks out and car turns over electronic part of switch may be junk

good idea! Ill try that out in the morning, out of all the things we tried we didnt do that of course lol ill let ya know how it goes!

If you run into any more drama you can reach me on fb you'll know me when you find my page my 300z is on the banner

Tom hartley

Alright thanks, im sure the bs isnt going to end anytime soon.

10

simular problem with my 85 300zx non turbo found a problem with the fuseable link under hood beside relays was blown it gives power to the aleternator without that fuseable link the alternator is not getting power therefore not recharging battery