my car is smoking

Asked by Dec 21, 2009 at 07:01 PM about the 1989 Nissan 300ZX

I have a nissan 300zx 1989 non-turbo it has over a 100k miles, one of my lines connecting to the radiator blew and I replaced and now when I drive it white smoke comes from the exhaust and the hood. When I raise the hood I see white smoke coming from the passenger side of the car.... I don't know if the head gasket is blown, or if anti-freeze is leaking into the cylinder, or if the block is cracked

It dosen't sound good mate. Did a similar thing on mine a couple of weeks ago. Haven't had it diagnosed yet but chances are the head gasket has gone. Are you a member on If not join up and post your problem on there. Aew people better qualified than me on there who will help you out. My handle is coopers-swb on there. Good luck with it. Darrell

Ok which of lines the upper or the lower?the chances is ur thermostat is not working properly that could make ur lines to burst.Ur engine must have over heated so ur head gasket went.I suggest get the engine compression tested then go from there good luck..

try an antifreeze hole clogger, find them at wall mart or autozone. then when you do that, take it to a shop for further diagnosis

thanks guys I'm going to try the antifreeze hole clogger and replace the head gasket as well and let yal know what happens