1988 NIssan 300zx Air Conditioning and Oil Pressure.

Asked by Jun 30, 2012 at 01:56 AM about the 1988 Nissan 300ZX

Today I purchased my first car. I've managed to fix the majority of its problems but I am having trouble with the AC. No matter what setting it is on, it consistently blows out hot air. I've filled up the freon. I was told that both the intake and the output pipes are supposed to be chilled when the AC is on but only the intake becomes cold. Also it makes this horrible noise when I turn the AC on. Would a new compressor help?
And when I accelerate more than a few mph at a time the oil pressure drops to completely to zero and I have to slow down to sometimes 50 on a 75 to get it to level out to 30 lbs per inch^2. I added more oil but it didn't help. I'm trying to get help from here before I have to go ask my dad for help, I'm the only girl in the family and so its kind of a big thing for me to try and fix this myself. Any suggestions would help.

50

this is an older question, you may have already fixed it, but since I dealt with this very problem today, I figured I would at least share. My a/c was also blowing hot, just purchased a compressor from a junkyard for $39 and it worked at first then blew hot air. I found out the clutch fan was no good, replaced it and the air is cold again.