front license plate

Asked by Apr 05, 2009 at 10:49 AM about the 1988 Nissan 300ZX

i can get the front licenes plate braket for my 300zx but they dont make/or couldnt get me a finisher, it is california state law to have both plates whats should i do to it custom job?

405

stick your plate in you front windsheild or get friendly with the cops. its a mass law too and i dont have my front plate on and i dont get bothered.

6,955

typically if the car doesnt originally come with a front license plate bracket one legally doesnt need to be put on. BUT odds are you will get pulled over because the cop wont know that it didnt come with a license plate bracket. google your question. somewhere there will be information for you

6,955

oh btw im not positive if the "no bracket" means you dont legally have to mount a plate either. ive just heard that

75

"Finisher"? What's that? Do you have a stock fascia? The bracket is a simple bent metal piece that bolts on inside it and doesn't mess up your fascia. You can probably get a used one from Z1. http://www.z1motorsports.com/

55

hey brett look. http://www.easyautosales.com/new-cars/2008-Chevrolet-Corvette-10930723.html yup they have them. all cars have them. with out an attachment for plates a vehicle cannot be sold in states that require front plates.

55

correction, all cars have brackets available

405

its not legally. if the state requires it, your car has to have a front plate, wether or not you car came with a bracket.

5

really? ahh man i guess i sit corrected. i still wouldn't put it on lol

6,955

unless its a collector. i know those dont have to have them if they didnt come with one. i wasnt sure about newer cars

405

try coming to massachusetts and get your collector car inspected without a front plate at one of the tougher inspection stations. see if your car doesnt get a big red R on the sticker

6,955

well thats mass. who the hell goes there? lol

6,955

oh and i bet they still dont give you a ticket because collector plates have certain restrictions and if the car doesnt come with a front bracket stock one doesnt have to be applied.

55

http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/vctop/d03/vc5200.htm did a quick search, heres what I found. I did find on another forum where a guy in Texas was ticketed for no front plate, he had just moved from Florida where he bought the truck, when he asked the court about it he was told to keep with him the original registration with destination delivery and he would not get another ticket. the police in any state with a front plate law have been cracking down on this since they have been using more of the traffic cameras. they want to see your plate and your pretty face in the same picture when you blow through that red light.

35

I have one that never had a front plate if i were you I would just put it in the front window if you are bothered.. I moved to Hawaii and it still has only one plate even tough the law is the same..