will a 5.0 ford motor mount in my car

Asked by Jul 12, 2007 at 01:28 PM about the 1987 Nissan 300ZX

Not likely, it would be easier to build a new car around the motor than to put that engine in your existing Z-Car. Remember, not only will you need to mount the engine, but also a compatible transmission, which complicates space issues even more.

yes it is helpful but what kind of performance engine would fit

yeah it will fit!... i have it done in my 86. We put a 302 out the mustang 5.0's... a T5 tranny fits... very tightly.. i would recommend a T4 where it's smaller. also you're going to need a custom driveshaft and exhaust. I put hedman headers on, but had to have the flanges cut to fit, with universal cats and super44 flowmasters. sounds amazing! True dual all the way back. the other thing was the front suspension. I ended up putting KYB AGX struts in the front to help support the added weight... a lot of work, but fun as hell when its done. Plus the option of turbo charging that motor... YESSSS.

i wouldnt waste the time or money but if u want a 5.0 in something get a maita or something small and put it in that. old 300zx's are garbage anyways

300Zxs are garbage? And you say to put it in a Miata? wtf are you thinking? Go with the Z.

A 5.0 will fit. Hell most LS-series motors fit into the Z32 chassis, I have done numerous Z swaps, including LS-1, VH45DE, VH45DETT, RB26DETT, 2JZ... It all depends on how much money you are willing to drop into it!

yes, it will fit with stupid amounts of time and money. My opinion... if you want to run a 5.0 then get a mustang. it will be far cheaper and easier. If you are really wanting to do somthing radical then drop in a RB and convert it to a 200ZR. I for one find crossbreading motors and cars to be blasphemous...