turbo boost makes the car too fast.

Asked by Nov 08, 2010 at 10:15 AM about the 1986 Nissan 300ZX

My car is too fast for me off the line.  Is there a way to set the turbo boost down a little?  I cannot keep the wheels from spinning especially in wet weather ..Thanks

When you first take off, typically you are not under boost yet. Usually the turbo has to spool up first before the extra acceleration like 4000 RPM. I learned how to drive on a '87 without a turbo and I found the clutch is a little snappy if you let it out to fast. Also the clutch has a large throw. Practice on the clutch movement.

Best Answer Mark helpful

get to know your car better play with it,you treat it nice it treats you nice and get better tires and more experience driving,most likely you dont know the car to well. like i said before play with it.

either dont be such a big pussy or buy a different car

thats another way of putting it. I WHOULD SAY HES AFRAID OF HIS CAR.

pretty much what i was getting at...

When the tires get wet on my 88' non turbo they still spin if i let the clutch out too fast so when its raining i drive slower.. and usually i dont have a problem