My 1989 Nissan 240sx stalls and my regular mechanic has not been able to fix it. He said it was fix, I drove it 7 miles to my home and it stalled. It had to be towed to the mechanic. He changed the spark plugs and soldered some wiring. I drove it home and it again stalled before I got home. It stalled sooner than it had the first time! What is the problem and where is there a great NIssan 240sx who can really diagnose the problem and fix it!

10

Asked by Jul 17, 2012 at 12:24 AM about the 1989 Nissan 240SX

Red, hatchback, 240sx.  Automatic transmission, 99,000 miles approx.

10

Sorry for the typos and omissions. The questions are: Why is my 1989 Nissan 240sx stalling? And where is there a great Nissan 240sx mechanic/repair shop in New York City? Thank you.

25

does it have a hard time idling?

35

sounds like the idle control valve to me it's located on the back of the intake check the plug on it and see if its clean or damaged if so replace the plug if its ok check the valve and clean it

55

Sounds like one of the most common problems. The MAF/vacuum leak. If it starts up and drives ok for a bit when its cold, then once it warms up and the idel comes down, fuel afr isn't as rich once the ecu sees the coolant temp hit proper operating temp it will die as it runs to lean. I could more then likey tell you what it is if I see a video.