Trouble not starting when car has set for over 5 hours

Asked by May 01, 2007 at 07:03 PM about the 1989 Nissan 240SX

I am having problems with my 89 nissan 240sx starting it is a automatic. I can get it started by pumping the gas but i shouldnt have to do that because it is fuel injected. I have put plugs and wires, fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel pressure regulator, distributor. none of these things have fixed the problem. Also when I have the car running for a while and shut it off it will start right up. Thanks

22,850

Hi nikeboy. That's an odd set of symptoms. Here's a no-start troubleshooting guide for you to go through when the car won't start. Hopefully it will help you narrow the possible causes. Hope it helps, good luck! http://www.samarins.com/diagnose/index.html