Trying to find the value of an '82 that I'm looking to buy. Can anyone help?

Asked by Aug 31, 2012 at 08:39 AM about the 1982 Volvo 240

I'm about to buy a 1982 240 DL that seems to be in excellent shape for its age.  I've been trying to
do research on how much it is worth but Kelley Blue Book only goes back to 1992 and I guess I don't
really know where else to look.  The guy selling it is asking $1,700.  I've spoken with him and told him
to be brutally honest about everything that's wrong (I've had four 240s in my driving career and i
enjoy working on them).  He said the only thing that's really wrong is that the Overdrive is finnicky -
it's a 4-speed manual.  I'm headed down Sunday to test drive it with the intention of buying it, but
wanted some help on a fair price to offer first.  I was thinking $1,250.  

1,205

List the make model year and details such as mileage and condition on carguru. Put in your price. They will come back with the market value of the car and whether the price is over or under and by how much.