Possible Fuel Problem

125

Asked by Sep 06, 2009 at 05:52 PM about the 1982 Volvo 240

Pulled injector and have no fuel comming out when turning over. All plugs are dry. I do have fuel build up in the intake area near the air plate. Don't know a lot about this system and looking where I need to look next. This is a 1982 240

5

Is this a turbo car or non turbo? Kjet is sensitive to Vacuum leaks, check all that. Also is fuel going through the distributor at all?

35

check your fuel pump relay, if you know where it is under the drivers side dash, you can pull it off and use a piece of wire to jump from the red wire terminal (hot) to the terminal that has 2 striped wires of the same color(can't give you an exact color because not all years are the same) going into it, those two wires go to your fuel pumps. If they run when you do that, try to start the car and see what happens, if nothing happens at all then you've got a bad fuel pump(s) or bad wiring.