should i keep my audi 100 c4 1989 or should i buy my friends bmw 535i 1990?? which car would be more reliable?

405

Asked by Aug 23, 2011 at 05:39 AM about the 1989 Audi 100

1,275

between the two I don't think either would be MORE reliable. Neither is extremely reliable. I would stick with the one you already own unless you have a reason to get rid of it.

405

would one of the engines be superior to the other?

405

the audi is a 2.2 petrol

1,275

Both are going to have their issues. That 2.2 turbo is a pretty nice motor and is going to last forever if cared for. But that BMW, I'm pretty sure had the i6 motor. It's fairly reliable but the heads weren't the greatest, prone to cracks and whatnot. And bmws in general are going to he tougher to work on and the parts are a bit more expensive. I would say you already own the Audi do stick with it. Spend that money on replacing your timing and maybe the turbo if you're high mileage. Especially if you live anywhere with snow or a lot of rain, that bimmer is going to he terrible.

Best Answer Mark helpful
405

thanks.