RX7 First generation want start. Turns over, but nothing....

Asked by Feb 04, 2011 at 03:08 PM about the 1982 Mazda RX-7

I've got a First Generation 1982 RX7 put it up to do the front suspension, and when I put it down went to start it, problems!!!!  It want stay running and when I keep my foot on the pedal it runs, but smokes like a huge camp fire, white smoke everywhere.  Site glasses reveal half full, just put a new fuel pump and filters on car.  Car was purring like a kitten before the suspension update, what to do????

745

Did you maybe knock off a ground strap or vacuum line to the engine while you were working on the suspension?