smoke after idle

Asked by Sep 03, 2009 at 02:48 PM about the 2007 Mazda MAZDASPEED6

I just bought a 07 speed6 and have driven it 2000 miles[total miles now 16500]. After ideling I sometimes get oil smoke for the first few seconds after take off. The amount varies, it is sometimes rather pronounced. I have not over revved the engine. Anyone out there had this happen?  Ideas?????  thanks to all  Richard

7,385

not trying to sound dumb or anything but are you sure its burning oil? have you checked your oil level to make sure thats what it is? it could be something else completely. even a light blue tint doesnt always mean its oil either so this is why im asking.

yes I ran through the usual check list. The smoke is oil.I wonder if it might be valve guide seals or something weird, it doesnt seem to be turbo related but its too early to rule anything out R

15

Yep. Mine does it after extended idling. If it's still under warranty, take it to the dealer and ask if there is a TSB on it. They have a fix, it should be taken care of under warranty. It is a design flaw in the PCV system that causes excess oil to stay in the turbo when the engine is idling, and weep past the shaft seals. It can happen on any Mazda that has this motor. There is nothing that you have done to cause this.

5

turbo seals they should be under warranty through mazda