2007 spyder-passenger window won't go up or down. So I was thinking fuse, but if I put the top down the window did go down. Am I on the right path or do you think it is wiring?

Asked by Sep 26, 2014 at 02:21 PM about the 2007 Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder

17,440

Check the fuse first but it could be wiring or a bad window switch. Does the window work at all from either driver or passenger switch?

No-not from either switch. It worked the single time putting the window down when I put the top down and the windows automatically go down. I will get a 7.5 amp switch tomorrow and give it a try.

17,440

The passenger switch feeds off of the drivers side master switch. In some vehicles if the drivers switch for the passenger window is bad the passenger side switch won't work either. Good luck.

I'll post tomorrow what happens with the new fuse. Thanks.

Well-it's not the fuse. So I have the door panel off and how do you check the window drive motor?

17,440

I really don't think its the motor because it went down with the top. You will need a test light or probe to check the motor and switches.

Best Answer

I think it is the switch-passenger-ordering one to try. Thanks for the help.

17,440

No problem. Hope its all it needs.

90

Try disconnecting the negative battery cable for 30 mins. These cars get weird glitches like that. Should fix the prob:)

Animefreak 1983- They wrote: "Try disconnecting the negative battery cable for 30 mins. These cars get weird glitches like that. Should fix the prob:)" I tried this and couldn't get the switch today, but sadly, it didn't work. Thanks for the thought.

10

there could be a switch in the circuit that opens the windows when the top is down. No one has stated the obvious but look at a schematic.

My car is doing the same. I replaced the window assembly and motor Still nothing even tho my other one worked.

It rolls down then I hook it to the battery. But it's like it's getting no power to switch

I just fixed this tonight- if your passenger side window won't go down check to see if the driver side switch is illuminated. If the LED is out there is a black diode on the board of the switch that can go bad, I just replaced it with a 1n4148 and i'm back in business.