My cig lighter and radio both stopped working. where is the fuse. I found the fuses but they are numbered. What number is for the radio and the cig lighter?

Asked by Mar 31, 2007 at 06:03 PM about the 1989 Volkswagen Cabriolet

I pluged a rechargable flashlight into my cig lighter and it shorted out the lighter.  After that the radio quit working.  I found the fuse box under the dash but they are only numbered.  How do I find what fuse to change?

875

If your owners manual does not have a diagram listing the fuses, you may have to pull them out one at a time and look to see which one is burned. Fuses are pretty cheap so you could also just replace them all...most auto parts stores will have a variety pack with several different sizes, just be sure to use the same amp rating (printed on top of each fuse)