I'm after some body trim for my 1988 Cabrio convertible. I need the pieces that are rubber with a chrome strip down the middle and have plastic clips that attach it to the body. Does anyone know where to get these from?

Asked by Feb 12, 2007 at 04:06 PM about the 1988 Volkswagen Cabriolet

18,185

Hello, I would recommend visiting one of the online auto parts stores. Here is a link to a Cabrio page: http://replacement.autopartswarehouse.com/parts/autopartswarehouse/parts.jsp?year=1988&make=VW&model=RAB-C-002&part_name=null If you don't see what you are looking for, I recommend giving them a call and seeing what they can dig up. You can also try other online parts stores, as many of them are eager to help customers finds parts such as these. Best of luck! CarGrrl

335

Certainly online shopping is an easy and convenient way to find the bits you're looking for. A lot of communities have "pick & pull" salvage yards. You bring your own tools and take the bits you need from wrecked cars. It's a lot less expensive to scour the salvage yards and (I think) more fun too.