I am looking at one for sale and have never had a convertible. Is it cold in the winter?

Asked by May 05, 2007 at 01:10 AM about the 1987 Volkswagen Cabriolet

14,630

Dear liblonana - It's colder in the winter than in the summer. Actually, convertibles on the whole are sealed fairly tight nowadays, not like back when I was a boy and a convertible top was hardly anything more than a pup tent flapping in the breeze overhead. Take a look at the car and look for damage. Take it for a ride and listen for "excessive" wind noise. Do you feel any drafts? And most importantly does the heater work properly? Good luck from Bovan.

55

i own a 1987 cabriolet and my heater works super.....i live in nebraska and been driving it in 5 degree weather....but i can put up with a little chill for 42 mpg!!!

140

The top is well insulated, the heaters are good. The rear window is glass so it won't break. In short.good in winter !!!