my 1986 cabby want start

10

Asked by May 24, 2011 at 02:31 PM about the 1986 Volkswagen Cabriolet

going crazy ! my cabby just want fire ! have replaced both fuel pumps & accumulator, cleaned the tank and all lines too, cleaned the injectors, getting fuel to plugs, just no spark ! replaced ignition control unit, replaced the coil, test the hall effect sender wires and plug all good !!  motor turns freely! what else could it be ?? the hall effect sender itself ??  

30

Could it be something like the rotor or distributor cap? My 87 ran really rough until I replaced them. Rotor was really beat up.

10

they are almost new too ! last time it ran, it seem to starve for fuel, just had no power, made a BIG mistake took it to local auto repair, they said they could fix it !!! they called the next day said it was running, when i got there it wouldn't start, left it for a month still not running, today still not running ! am waiting on a new hall effect sender, we'll see then !

10

bluecabby, put new hall effect sender on still want start, anyone? anyone?? what now shoot it ? sell it? yes for sale 1986 cabriolet lots of new parts, spare parts too ! make me an offer i can't refuse!