pricing for jetta

Asked by Jul 03, 2010 at 07:04 AM about the 1989 Volkswagen Jetta

anyone out ther would happen to know what an esimated price on a 1989 jetta with 50,000 original miles on it would go for this is a classic so it is worth more correct???? anyone could give me a rough estimate I would appreciate it...
Thanks

1,025

First off, it's a jetta... I don't see why it would ever be a classic. Maybe if it were a mkI GTI in mint condition it could be a likely candidate in twenty more years or so but i see no hope for the mkI jetta. 50,000 is admirable but what shape is the car in? rusting, maintenance, driveability... i'd give you 4 grand mint. 3000 average.

Depends on condition of the vehicle but if it looks like this 1986 jetta which is so near mint Most likely around $3900 to $4000 dollars

35

First off this car is worth what someone will pay for it. If it is in great condition with the miles listed, expect $2500-4500 from someone. Here is the thing about these cars though. You almost have to PROVE the mileage is accurate since the odometer always breaks in these cars. Does it have maintenance records??? FYI, only an enthusiast would pay upwards of $2000 for this car if the mileage is indeed correct. To the guy who says a "Jetta" will probably never be a classic car...I am a Washington resident with a 1985 VW Jetta. This state considers ALL cars classics after 25 years of age so guess what...I drive a classic car. You must not be an enthusiast or you drive a new VW or Audi.

If it is in great condition with the miles listed, expect $3500-4500 from someone. You can really tell a cars miles by what the inside looks like ...No Tears ,Rips , Etc..Also exterior condition paint looks awesome or is paint job needed ..Also check the glass in the vehicle if its milky looking or badly scratched from sand then most likely car has lots of miles on it...also check trunk and under hood if paint still looks clean and not like its been washed out with a pressure washer chances are good you can figure out the miles on it..I always tell people If your expecting to pay $500 for a real looker and one thats low miles and clean I have one with pedals just not sure you may fit in it ;-) To the guy who says a "Jetta" will probably never be a classic car...Un True & True Statement Jetta and VW may Never be a Registered Classic with the automobile club of America or other antique vehicle clubs ..It will be a Classic in terms of age for things like KBB & NADA Car Books .and it will always be a special interest vehicle ..to which one day it will reach antiue status ..

1,025

So then your justification says that if I moved to Washington and purchased a 1984 Buick century then I would instantly be the owner of a classic car?!? ...I'm doing it. So in order to be an enthusiast I guess i have to pick up a couple more? Or is it only old dubs that count? Should I have not sold my karmann ghia ? But it didn't even run... Or my 86 Gti? 92 corrado? I do miss my old Audi 90 though, wish i never sold it to get the A4... I'm not saying that an old dub isn't going to be considered a classic... i' just saying that something as plain Jane as an 85 jetta isn't going to make the cut. If it were a 2 door... maybe it would last a bit longer in the fight. Maybe you have a soft spot because you are an owner, not an enthusiast. You can be an enthusiast and still be honest with yourself. Although I did just trade my 01 Jetta for an 85 Toyota 4Runner... maybe I am losing my inner enthusiast.. But now I'm the owner of a classic!!

If it is in great condition with the miles listed, expect $3500-4500 from someone. You can really tell a cars miles by what the inside looks like ...No Tears ,Rips , Etc..Also exterior condition paint looks awesome or is paint job needed ..Also check the glass in the vehicle if its milky looking or badly scratched from sand then most likely car has lots of miles on it...also check trunk and under hood if paint still looks clean and not like its been washed out with a pressure washer chances are good you can figure out the miles on it..I always tell people If your expecting to pay $500 for a real looker and one thats low miles and clean I have one with pedals just not sure you may fit in it ;-) To the guy who says a "Jetta" will probably never be a classic car...Un True & True Statement Jetta and VW may Never be a Registered Classic with the automobile club of America or other antique vehicle clubs ..It will be a Classic in terms of age for things like KBB & NADA Car Books .and it will always be a special interest vehicle ..to which one day it will reach antiue status .. Reply to Topic Reply To Post 95 replied to About an hour ago So then your justification says that if I moved to Washington and purchased a 1984 Buick century then I would instantly be the owner of a classic car?!? ...I'm doing it. So in order to be an enthusiast I guess i have to pick up a couple more? Or is it only old dubs that count? Should I have not sold my karmann ghia ? But it didn't even run... Or my 86 Gti? 92 corrado? I do miss my old Audi 90 though, wish i never sold it to get the A4... I'm not saying that an old dub isn't going to be considered a classic... i' just saying that something as plain Jane as an 85 jetta isn't going to make the cut. If it were a 2 door... maybe it would last a bit longer in the fight. Maybe you have a soft spot because you are an owner, not an enthusiast. You can be an enthusiast and still be honest with yourself. Although I did just trade my 01 Jetta for an 85 Toyota 4Runner... maybe I am losing my inner enthusiast.. But now I'm the owner of a classic!! Not at all as i stated earlier the car would have to be a registered classic but books like NADA & KBB do call these cars classics which in actuallity is the wrong term ..Special Interest would be the term for these cars.. ..As for owning a VW I have had two ..I neither like nor dislike the vehicle marque..But as a person whom is involved with the sales of Vintage Motor Cars I can help you better understand the terms ..