Specialist

5

Asked by Apr 26, 2008 at 01:23 PM about the 1988 Volkswagen Jetta

Need an specialist in VW Jetta 1988 to make some questions about repairing it.  Please contact me if you could help me.

have 86 jetta diesel. maybe i can help?

5

Well the problem itself its that while I was driving it the oil pressure light flashes continously, I checked the oil pressure, and everithing about it and it's ok, but the light still flashing. Also but I really don't know if it has any relation with, it seems that the gas pump it's failing also because while I drive it and I press the accelerator it shakes a lot, seems like the gas is not flowing continously, but I really don't know if is the pump or if it has any relation with the flashing light. Maybe it could be only an electric failure, or a bad connection. Hope that the description help you to figure out what's my problem.

1,625

Hey fellow vdubber, I can steer you in the right direction if you give me some information on your vdub, which engine you have is it original and how many kms/miles, what type of oil and oil filter are you using. Get back to me when you can, this is a common problem in MK1 and MK2 vdubs. If you like you can e-mail direct at mk2vdub@gmail.com I have owned alot of older vdubs for years and I know them well.