Need a Catalytic converter for my 85 Vanagon.

85

Asked by Oct 02, 2012 at 02:36 PM about the 1985 Volkswagen Vanagon

Its broken at the weld just before the bracket that bolts up to the exhaust. Iv'e asked a few guys
around town to weld it and they wont do it, CA law I guess.Iv'e searched the web and they go for
about $400-$450!. I'm not sure when the Van wont required being smogged, there must be a cut off
for the age of a vehicle, or I think there is.I would really like to find one that bolts right up and not a
universal type that requires fitting, does anyone know where the best price for one of these
is?..Thanks..Or any ideas otherwise..

10

First time on the site, sorry to take so long and you have probably already made the fix but in case you haven't, I will sell you a brand new one that was for my 1985, one owner and never installed due to relieving motorist in Ohio from the emission test. $250 and ill pay the shipping. If needed I can take a photo and MMS or email to you..