An objective view of my Vintage Vw online purchase.

130

Asked by Apr 11, 2013 at 01:34 PM about the 1972 Volkswagen Beetle

Guys: Take a look at my YouTube I just uploaded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXNGtJ9T3gk&list=UUT5tlcwX0NjbV6oV6GJz3Xg&index=1

27,015

Mike..I'm one of the folks on the CarGurus site who try to help people out herein the Q&A section....Also, I've been an eBay Buyer and Seller since 2001. eBay and Paypal collaboratively have a "Buyer Protection Program", which guarantees Buyer Satisfaction. You are WELL within your RIGHT to get your $$ back and give this car back to the Seller. It sounds like you got a REALLY raw deal. Speak with eBay about it ASAP!! I saw some of your vid, have to rewatch it and read your comments again, but wanted to comment here (cant leave a comment on YouTube for some reason).

27,015

Just replied on YouTube as well...Get a Lawyer, if eBay tries to screw you on this.

Just watched video. eBay and craigslist are notorious for that. Don't get me wrong, I am not blaming you Mike, you were indeed lied to, a real whopper, but the seller probably thought he could take the money and run Karmann is not really an edition, it's just the name of the city where the one of the many VW manufacturing plant are, Karmann Germany has several manufactures with plants there. Makes me wonder if he pulls this crap on other cars that he picks up for 50 bucks and has gotten away with it before..and thinks 'hey that was a quick buck I'm gonna do that again. Don't roll over Mike ....expose this thief. I chose the word thief intentionally. Preys on the gullible (not you Mike) and inexperienced buyers. And this post by me is objective: I have nothing at stake.

225

I have bought many used VWs before. Some good,some bad. The only probem is that you bought s used car. Unless there is a written contract,most used cars are sold as is.I hate to see people get taken,a friend of mine just did on a 70 VW,but there are people out there that pray on the unknowing. Sorry to be a downer about this,but I think you might be stuck with this Bug.

27,015

Again, I'm going to STRONGLY recommend you seek out a Lawyer here as you were the victim of FRAUD. I know many people have bad opinions about Lawyers (as I USED to have)..BUT after having Workers Comp Lawyers as actual customers for 2 years when I worked for United Healthcare, I gained an entirely different perspective...trust me..get a free consultation over the phone. I saw the eBay listing, you got screwed out of $5,650!! While eBay DOES have a "Vehicle Protection Program", they may try to say you don't qualify because of the age of the car (more than 20 years old). Check out this information from eBay: http://pages.ebay.com/ebaymotors/buy/purchase- protection/index.html

27,015

Any updates, Mike? Did you contact eBay OR a Lawyer yet??? Don't leave us hangin' , man.

130

We had a long talk with the FORMER owner. We've decided he's a congenital liar, and or delusional. He SAYS he's returning our $$ later in the week. I doubt it. As there was really nothing definate to report, I was waiting to see how this shakes out. I have had a few guys write that a solid, rust free Texas car, and a convertible at that, is probably a pretty good deal, even with all the problems we have with the car. To be continued.

Please do that..continue as it unfolds. The dude is a thief liar cheat and some words not allowed here. We are on your side Mike, moral support and anything else possible

130

There is every bit as much wrong with this car as we thought. On the other hand, it is a SOLID Tx car, and a convertible at that. Over the weekend, we decided to bite the bullet, make Lemonade out of Lemons, and do the repairs. I have met a skilled local man who has been buying, driving and repairing VW Beetles since 1970. He and I started work on the car Tuesday. Tuesday NIGHT I got an email from the former owner saying he will refund our $$!! As we've already started on it, spent $$ on it, we're keeping it. I told him I would accept payment for the repairs. To be continued...............