Wing Window locks frozen, what do I do to fix them or replace?

55

Asked by Dec 01, 2011 at 04:25 PM about the 1972 Volkswagen Beetle

Hello out there, I have a 72 Beetle with those wing window locks that have the black plastic knobs. They seem to be frozen closed. I would like to open the wings for some cross-flow air, but alas, can't open them and don't want to break them. I did notice there is a tiny split pin in each chrome section where it should pivet, right? Let me know how I can fix these, btw, I did see replacement wing window lock assemblies online for around $12.00 ea., if I do need to replace them both, do will I need to remove the entire window assembly from the door? Thanx in advance and have a great holiday season. Buggalou

655

Try rotating the latch knob toward the front of the car. With the knob rotated, try rotating the latch arm toward the same direction. If they don't move freely, you might try a bit more pressure. If they are not opened frequently, they can tend to be stubborn. Good luck

55

Alright! I was able to get the wing window latches freed and open those wings, seemed as though they hadn't been opened for some time, Thanx rwebb for your reply and helpful hints, liking the cross air flow now!,