why are my brake lights not working

5

Asked by May 11, 2016 at 03:38 AM about the 1971 Volkswagen Beetle

the bulbs are good, and the fuses are good, turn signal on the right side
wasn't working but I turned the bulb a certain way, and it's working now, but
the brake lights nothing. got the hazard lights to work, not sure if cleaning the
connection to the fuses helped or not.

94,965

Check the switch on the end of the master cylinder, short the two connectors together and see if the brake light turn on, if they do the switch is your problem, if not then you will have to trace out the power circuit to and from the switch to locate the open.

5

I'll check it out, have to lift up the wheel, this should be interesting, TY hopefully I can find the connectors, and it won't be too tricky. I have the manual, not sure how long this has been going on, but hopefully getting it fixed before I get a ticket. I think it may be the switch. makes sense.