what is value of 1971 volkswagon bug, 1500 cc., 4speed, 26,000.00 miles...im the fourt ner of this car and original owners still live in this town

Asked by Aug 04, 2015 at 02:41 PM about the 1971 Volkswagen Beetle

Im the 4th owner of this car, the original owners still live in this town and purchased it in
Germany in 1971 and used it while in the military service while stationed there.  They then
purchased a cabin in Mccall, Id., and had the car shipped overseas and used as their
"cabin vehicle" and kept in the garage there ever since. The odometer says 26K miles and
appears to be working properly.  This car is EXTREMELY clean.  Interior is pretty much
perfect although needs knogs on buttons allowing seat backs to be pushed forward.  The
third owner took a hack saw to the hood latch ("it wouldn't work"....!?) and sawed it
off....that needs fixed and the rear view mirror on the door needs a new mirror
glass...other than that this car is pretty much perfect and completely original.  I have the
owners manual and german maps!!!  The paint is very, very good but not perfect and
appears to have had some touch up work done in the past if you look REALLY close
(overspray a bit) and some isolated rust bubbles under the paint but no holes or brown
spots and car shines up nicely.  Chrome bumpers have some small dents but car is
extremely straight.  You can eat off the motor and all the hoses/tubes look original and
clean and the heaters blow you out of the car although the defrosters are kinda weak.  Ive
owned this car for a year now and would drive it across the country if I had to and not think
twice about it.  Also brand new sets of both winter (studs) and summer tires.  The radio is
gone and has a blank face across the opening on the dash.  All the floor rubber is perfect
and shows little wear.  Rubber gasket on driver door window needs replacement (dry rot).  
Overall, this car is as original and clean and in as good a shape as any I have seen and
runs like a top! Whaddaya think?  Color is white with white interior. I have photos but this
is a friends computer so Ill have to get them for you.

24,035

pictures would be nice...as you can tell with the link i sent...5-15 grand >http://classiccars.com/listings/find/1971/volkswagen/beetle