i have a 69 vw everything runs great except for the other day i got off work and went to start it and i turn the key and nothing happened i recently replaced the starter 3 months prior so it cant be t

Asked by Apr 09, 2012 at 12:52 AM about the 1969 Volkswagen Beetle

i got off work and went to start it and i turn the key and nothing happened i recently replaced the starter 3 months prior so it cant be that and for some reason the person who had it before me put a ford relay on it dont know why but it was running just fine with it so i replaced that also thinking that was it and it wasnt so i ran a test light to the relay then to the starter and i have power everywhere and my battery is fully charged but when i turn the key it dont make any kind of sound  so i need some help what can it be?

12,035

If you are getting power to the starter and it doesn't turn could be the starter even though you replaced it already. You can try turning the headlights on and turn the key to start. If you notice the headlights dimming or going out you could have a bad battery connection. If when you turn key you notice no change in headlights I would look closer at the starter. You can take starters to most Auto stores and they will test them for free.