I have a 69 bug, with a 53hp single port engine and I cant figure out why it wont pump gas to the carb. It has a new fuel pump on it and all the lines ar good it just wont pump?

Asked by Nov 06, 2011 at 12:24 PM about the 1969 Volkswagen Beetle

125

you put a mechanical pump on it right??, try pouring gas back down the lines to prime the pump, you might just be pushing air

185

Gasoline should first feed the pump by gravity.Then the pump can make the work

435

You might have a blockage in the line or junk in the tank. Try disconnecting the line at the pump from the tank and blowing in it. If you can't blow through it ,you've probably got a blockage in it somewhere.

505

Check the float the needle under it can b stuck and you will not get any fuel in the carb.

185

check the lenth of shaft at the fuel pump. if the pump is for an engine using an alternator is different than the one that is used in the generator engines.It make the difference.