I'm replacing my dash on my 69 ....

Asked by Aug 05, 2007 at 09:53 PM about the 1969 Volkswagen Beetle

I'm replacing the dash on my 1969 beetle and would like some info on how i can remove the knobs from the front dash.  Thanks!  dee

43,955

Typical GM knobs would pull right off, however, other company's knobs often had a small set screw. Turn the knob around and see if there is a recessed hole where a screwdriver or allen wrench might fit to loosen a set screw and allow removal of the knobs. Work slowly and carefully to avoid damaging anything.