Am moving my 82-yr. old mother across the country to live with me, and must sell her 1968 VW Bug. It's in beautiful original condition with sunroof and all maintenance records (one owner). Does anyone have suggestions on price and what is the best way/where to market the car. I may have to leave it on the west coast if it doesn't sell before Nov. 4th. Any suggestions as to where to leave it in the SF Bay Area - consignment, etc.

Asked by Oct 22, 2014 at 05:26 AM about the 1968 Volkswagen Beetle

Am moving my 82-yr. old mother across the country to live with me, and must sell her
1968 VW Bug.  It's in beautiful condition with sunroof and all maintenance records (one
owner). Does anyone have suggestions on price and what is the best way/where to
market the car.  I may have to leave it on the west coast if it doesn't sell before Nov. 4th.  
Any suggestions as to where to leave it in the SF Bay Area - consignment, etc.

21,965

such a cool car- and a great story- amazing- these Beetles are really starting to be worth some money- and an old lady car to boot! I would not settle for less than 10 grand- in a few years it will be worth twice that- waiting to max out the price is difficult, like you say, so take it to a classic car dealer- search for one that handles only high end classics like old Vettes, Ferraris, BMWs- they should be willing to take that VW on consignment or buy it outright- it really IS that desirable-

4,655

If you are not wanting to use a dealership consignment, I recommend listing the vehicle on www.thesamba.com It is a site devoted to the VW enthusiast community and has classified advertising that reaches nationwide. You can also use TheSamba to research what your mom's car is worth (which should be considerable $$$). Best of luck to you and your mom.

4,655

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php? submit=yes&keywords=&type=text&stype=all&username=&yearfrom= &yearto=&pricefrom=&priceto=&model%5B%5D=Bug+- +Sunroof§ion%5B%5D=3&wanted=hide&zip=&zipdist=0&state% 5B%5D=&usaregion=&country=&sort=date&sort_order=DESC&submit Button=Search