I want to check the connections to the radio in a 68 vw bug. Do I have to remove the fresh air box to do it?

Asked by Feb 06, 2013 at 08:50 PM about the 1968 Volkswagen Beetle

James Ramond

havent worked on one for 25 yrs, but i do know most everything was rather simple like maby slide out front after trim removal and maby a strap at tail of radio

my 68 beetle started ON FIRE beacause of an improper installation, had to pull off the freeway and put out the flames!

to answer your question, if you need to. could just drill hoies in it too-

Back in those days there was a metal strap on the back and a pair of nuts on the nose pieces. Remove the knobs, remove the screws, reach in and unbolt the strap and the radio drops out the bottom. There was one power wire, one speaker wire, one ground maybe and one antenna wire.