what to sell 1963 for

Asked by Jan 08, 2008 at 07:24 PM about the 1963 Volkswagen Beetle

i have a '63 soft-top sunroof bug that i want to sell but don't know what to ask?  it does not run garage kept for 5years.  fuel is no good and battery needs replacing. tires questionable...what should i ask for it? i can send pic. i have had thing s replaced and fixed as needed

i would run an ad in clasfided section of your local news paper,but for a 63 soft top ask no less than a grand for it,$1,000.

95

I disagree with Papa. Unfortunately if it doesn't run you're only going to be able to sell it for parts or to a d.i.y enthusiast. I recommend you put it on eBay with no reserve and a starting bid of $100 and hope people fight over it. If it sells then count yourself lucky and be pleased you've got the extra space in your garage. Sorry to bear bad news. :))

Disagree. Even if it doesn't run there are a lot of bug enthusiasts out there. Ask what you are willing to let it go for.

45

Clean it up the best you can and take plenty of pics and list it for sale and see what the market is and decide if you can accept the offers or if the renewed attention has got you back to restoring it yourself. You never know you may be asking how much a restored one is worth next year