am looking for the modles o the 1960-1980 betles that are air cooled motors

Asked by Aug 21, 2013 at 11:38 AM about the 1959 Volkswagen Beetle

if you're lookin' for a beetle, look here on GURUS- EBay- Craigslist- get a nice old one- pay a lot- you will be cool

My town is poor. How poor is it? Its soooo poor this is our cop car

There were no water cooled Slug~Bugs in that time frame

when they caved and made "the bug" no longer the bug (owner identified with holes in the jeans) with the distributor that can cleverly only go in one way, and simple everything....'cept when it starts puffin' blue smoke and issues reduced performance so you can no longer come up to freeway speed while puffin a cloud of blue smoke or my 66 oil pump simply gave up issuing a green "oil" light...made it down the dublin grade but a major component gave up...first the oil pump, then it's children...sold it for $500 at last count had 17 beetle or squarebacks over the years and have plenty to say about them~

as a smog guy, found the beetle to be the single most Gross Polluter as measured levels of CO, CO2 NoX were like 500 times higher than with a Honda~ they are obnoxious and have a hard ride depending on the springs in the seat for a "comfortable" ride, three of my beetles caught fire, two had floors that rusted beyond fred flintstone involvement~ had to hang onto the wheel to avoid your feet goin' down into the drink....all had BAD BRAKES~...need I continue~

for 2300 bucks you could make it a "VOLTSwagen"____ /200369951280?hash=item2ea6fad230&vxp=mtr

The VolksWagen of course has that dubious history as the "Peoples Car" ironic that it became just that in the '60s- as a bona fide hippie musician in 1968 I had a spray painted gold one- I bought it for $200- it ran great- I traded it for a bicycle- like it or not, it is iconic