tire

Asked by Feb 04, 2011 at 09:54 PM about the 1954 Volkswagen Beetle

My volkswagen has these tires called VREBESTEIN size 165/HR/15    86H, I wonder what HR is as a number. secondly, is this tire a radial and tubeless tire, the reason I'm asking is because, I can't visit my volks before spring time and I need a spare tire and I'm wondering if I should invest in that type of tire for a spare. I don't know if its a bias ply tire, I hope you can help me in difining this tire brand, thank you.                                54champ

3,625

You sure that's an "H" before the "R." It is a radial, so you should be fine getting any other tire that is a 165R15.

265

H is a speed rating and R means its a radial.

Yes, I'm sure I have it infront of me now and this is how its written, 165/HR/15 and one inch future its 86H. Thats why I was confused HR is suppose to be a number, are these American, Canadian or Foriegn brand tire. So, these tires doesn't need any tire tubes correct. 54champ

265

I think these are european tyres as thats what we have here in England. 165 is width if tyre, H is speed rating(upto 130mph), R means it a radial tyre and 15 is diameter of rims it will fit onto

Hi, I own a 1954 volkswagen and I'd like to know exactly the size of my smoothie wheel hub cap, the diameter, and the name of it, do they call them doom hub cap because they do extend out more then the flat one. I need one extra for my spare wheel, thanks. 54champ

1,615

the vrebestein tires are german. they are very good tires. they are radials, and are actually a 165/82/15 tire. here in the states the 165sr15 are the same size, so yes you could just get one here and it would match size wise. personally, if i could afford it, i would get another vrebestein tire just so it would match the set visually.

Hi, I own a 1954 volkswagen and I'd like to know exactly the size of my smoothie wheel hub cap, the diameter, and the name of it, do they call them doom hub cap because they do extend out more then the flat one, I need one extra for my spare wheel, thanks. 54champ

335

165/80/15 Stock VW Bug tire First # is width Second is how tall the tire is from the rim Last is wheel size