Wagoneer 4wd?

Asked by Jan 25, 2009 at 09:09 PM about the 1988 Jeep Wagoneer

Hi there, I've got an '88 Grand Wagoneer and I'm not sure if I should be driving around on dry roads with it in 4wd or not. It has a switch to switch inbetween 2wd and 4wd. When it is switched to 4wd, is it full time or part time 4wd?
Also, there is a lever under the driver's seat to put it into low range. When it is in low range, do either of the differentials lock?

55

Q: I'm not sure if I should be driving around on dry roads with it in 4wd or not? A: Why would you want to just drive in 4wd there is no need to just wearing on parts and wasting gas no need to Q:It has a switch to switch inbetween 2wd and 4wd. When it is switched to 4wd, is it full time or part time 4wd? A: It would be full time 4wd it will not switch between the two. If you have Hubs which you do you will need to turn them to get it to be 4wd. Q:there is a lever under the driver's seat to put it into low range. When it is in low range, do either of the differentials lock? A: NO the diff's don't lock unless you have lockers, the low range just puts your 4wd in to a lower gear so you can crawl. for further information check out www.pirate4x4.com sign up, read, learn, But do not post until you understand what you have an dhow it works other wise you will be run off by them.

20

Marcus, you know nothing about the 88 GW!