float for gas tank


Asked by Jan 27, 2009 at 03:11 PM about the 1973 Jeep Wagoneer

Question type: Maintenance & Repair

Where would the float be on this car?  The gas gauge doesnt work, my husband says it is the float.  thanks

1 Answer

the float is in the gas tank, you have to remove the tank to get to the access plate in the top of the fuel tank to remove or repair it. I would check the wiring and the guage first, if I was working on it.

Your Answer

Add photo

Related Questions

Search Jeep Wagoneer Questions

Jeep Wagoneer Experts

#1 Tom Demyan
Tom Demyan
Reputation 80
#2 tuff4x4
Reputation 50
#2 littlehorn
Reputation 50
View All

Related Models For Sale

Used Jeep Cherokee
460 Great Deals out of 52,444 listings starting at $1,800
Used Jeep CJ5
37 listings
Used Chevrolet Camaro
226 Great Deals out of 30,943 listings starting at $1,217

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.