weight of a 72 wagoneer

Asked by Oct 02, 2008 at 12:53 AM about the 1972 Jeep Wagoneer

I need to tow a 72 wagoneer from Washington to Calif..need to know how much it weighs and if I can tow it with my 2001 Chevy Silverado 1500 extended cab 4x4 on a car trailer

Actually, the Towing capacity of a Silverado of that year is upwards of 8500 lbs. More if you use a weight distribution hitch(4 point preferably). The wagoneers weight about 4800 lbs. If you use a trailer that weights around 2000 lbs. You'll have no problem. Just make sure you have good brakes, tranny is strong, and if possible, use trailer brakes - it's just a smart way to go with any towing over 3000 lbs. But really, you're good to go with the 1500 silverado. A good friend tows a 28 ft trailer that weights 10000 lbs loaded - with weight dist. hitch - and never has a problem...

Ps - uhaul doesn't have a trailer that will tow a wagoneer.... and lying about it could get you sued. Both by uhaul and the person you take out in an accident. It would be negligent to use an underrated trailer...