no air comes throgh floor vents or def

Asked by Nov 11, 2012 at 09:43 PM about the 1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

motor seems to be working fine, both hoses are hot going to condenser. can hear air blowing but not coming in the car.

285

probably the blower motor or the switch in the dash plate isnt working

or you could have sucked up a piece of paper and could be blocking airflow

it is a hole in the bottom of the housing that holds the radiator looking thing. air is blowing out of that hole. when i cover the hole, still no air going inside.

2,745

The blower motor is very easy to take off from under to hood, 3 screws, take it out and make sure there is nothing stuck inside, also make sure the blow wheel on the motor is not broken, if all seems fine, you have a problem the either the cable that goes the the slider in the climate panel, or a mode door is broken or something it stuck inside the heater housing duck work. How does the slider feel when you move it from defrost and floor? DO you hear a change in noise when you do this? Proud owner of 9 Grand Wagoneers here!!