Problem with Door Locks on 1987 JGW

Asked by Nov 09, 2011 at 11:38 AM about the 1987 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

I recently purchased a 1987 Grand Wagoneer and am experiencing a problem with both driver's side and front passenger door locks. It is very difficult to externally unlock either door with the door key. When trying to externally unlock the driver's door with the key, the door lock cylinder appears to be moving around when you insert the key. When I am inside the vehicle and pull up on the driver's side door handle, there is a periodic problem with the door unlatching.  Anyone have any suggestions as to the possible problem, parts which will need to be replaced, and any reputable parts resources? Thanks for your help!   

Hi, I recently bought an 88 JGW and have similar problems but maybe not to the extent you are experiencing (although, I'm sure that will happen soon). The guy I bought it from recommends: and I saw in their list of parts the replacement items. It states that its something you can easily do yourself and that it should be done sooner than later.