fuel fill and vent hoses

Asked by Oct 16, 2010 at 03:47 PM about the 1986 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

leaking gas when putting fuel in and believe it is the fill hose. hose connection is visible at filler however not visible at tank, is it a difficult job to change hoses at tank connection?

2,985

Nope not hard at all, there is just a simple plate bolted to the gas tank shield to protect the hoses. I believe it is just 2 bolts for the plate a bingo, the hose ends will be right there in the open. The hoses are different sizes on each end so you have to get the correct hoses, can't use regular bulk hose. You can get the right hoses at bjsoffroad.com here is the direct link to the hoses. http://www.bjsoffroad.com/cartgenie/prodInfo.asp?pid=969&cid=5