problems over heating. Need sugestions.

25

Asked by Apr 07, 2008 at 10:30 AM about the 1987 Jeep Cherokee

The jeep hass a neew radiatior. All hoses replaced. The termostate and presurized heater bottle is new. This is making me think it might be the fan and the bearings. Any suggestions>

325

wat model is the jeep

43,535

Could be fan clutch, head gasket, electric cooling fan, etc. Have the cooling system pressure tested. Did you replace the radiator cap when you did the radiator? These can be a problem if they are bad.

115

Try blowing out the heater core,but really go at it with a hose and air line ,you may have to do this a few times for best results.

5

well how hot does it get adn the fan if u can grab it when its off and rock it side to side u need a new one and with the otehr fan trun your ac on on once its on the fan should kick on if not then u need a new one

210 is a normal temp,if this is what your guadge is reading.check oil for water in it will be white looking if so blone head gasket.have you checked your water pump for leaks,and as stated above your fan clutch could be bad.if you put a STANT.thermostat in it I have through at least 4 of them at the garage on same vehicle befor getting a good one.just because it is new dose not mean it is good.