Can't Drive At Night - No Tail Lights - 2007 Dodge Caravan

10

Asked by May 15, 2017 at 01:12 AM about the 2007 Dodge Caravan

Can't Drive At Night - No Tail Lights - 2007 Caravan

Asked by JTPeace May 07, 2017 at 09:53 PM about the 2007 Dodge Caravan Cargo Van

The single bulbs in the rear have 3 functions: brake lights, turn signals and tail lights. The brake lights work and the turn signals work. The tail lights should be on any time the head lights are on.

1. No power at the fuse box to the 2 fuses that control the tail lights.
2. Replaced the parking lamp relay, fuses and bulbs.
3. The car was damaged, and allowed water to get into the fuse box. Once dry, everything functioned normally except tail lights.
4. What can I probe, test or replace?
5. How do you remove the fuse box from the car? Looking at the engine, it is on the right side of the battery. See photo.
6. I work at night and this problem is killing me. Please help.

575

Use a tester and test fuses of the tail lights to make sure power is going thru and to the lights if it does your problem is to the back of the car at the lights (plug) or wire connector not making contact if you do not find power at the fuse its prob connectors under fuse box

10

Hello, Thank you! I do not have power at the 2 fuses that control the tail lights. Do I have to replace the fuse box? One of the wires [or both] on the underside of the fuse box should have power, right? Does removing the negative battery cable "reset" anything in the fuse box? I'm aware that the parking lamp relay is involved, and I replaced it, too, along with the fuses and bulbs. Thanks for the reply.

575

No need to spend more cash, just clean the fuse box at the back where wires connects also check if you have power coming in when lights switched on to fuse, if not check front fuse box in engine bay, keep on testing power till you see where it stops then make sure that area is connected and clean of rust or whatever.

10

Thank you for the help, will do!

10

I finally found schematics for the car. It looks like power goes from the battery to the fuse box aka TIPM. From there, power goes to and through the Parking Lamp Relay to the left and right fuses. That suggests that the problem is in the box or connectors between the relay and fuses, right? I can upload a pic of the schematics if that would help. Will be working on the van early next week.

10

Schematics