I have the chance to get a 1982 dodge rampage. The body of it has some rust on it and it has not been run since 1992, what is it worth?

Asked by Mar 02, 2015 at 07:27 PM about the 1982 Dodge Rampage

I have the chance to get a 1982 dodge rampage.  The body has moderate rust. On it and
it has not been run since 1992.  It was running back then, but the ac stopped working
which is why it was parked.  What is it worth.

The Rampage was Chrysler's answer to the El Camino and Ford Ranchero. So it does have some value, as a collectors item. But an engine that has not run for 23+ years is going to need a lot of work, if it even can be made to run.

24,395

It has a mild collector following, you'd be better off looking on Hemmings for a classic car value than NADA or blue book values. After 23 years of sitting the engine will need some attention, maybe a rebuild, so take that into consideration. If all you're looking for is a basic ride, I wouldn't touch this with a 10-ft pole. This is something of a quirky collector car for a fairly small audience, and the type of collector car that's hard to justify a lot of $$$ in restoring or hot rodding.

24,395

curses, Fordnut beat me to the punch lol.

Good info Ken. Hard to pick a number for value. They were only built for 3 years

I have offered him $100.00 for it

24,395

For a quirky semi-collectible car, it has some value, I don't go to Mopar cruise-ins a lot but those older (80's era) dodges, 2.2 "Mopar Connection" rods show up now and then at local meets. Mostly Chargers but sometimes a Rampage. To me there like a Mustang II or Foxbody 'stang. Sort of "eh," cars from an era where pretty much everything being sold sucked. But some people love 'em. For $100 worth it, have fun with it. (It's probably worth twice that in scrap, but some Mopar fans might kill to own one of these.) One last factor to keep in mind is used parts for this will be nearly non-existent and good luck finding a replacement body panel. You'll have to make everything yourself if rust is a problem.

Thanks. The rust is not at a point where the metal has to be replaced. One of the advantages of living in Vegas.