1989 Ramcharger 4X4, need to manually lock the axle coupler (under the vacuum motor) Does the fork go towards the wheel to lock, or towards the diff?Am broken in snowstorm now

50

Asked by Feb 03, 2014 at 05:18 PM about the 1989 Dodge Ramcharger

need to know which way to move fork under vacuum motor on front axle to lock the axle
coupler, and connect axle pieces together. Am broken in snowstorm. Thanks

well if you've got a Posi-Lock pull button, obviously is pull to engage~ http://zoneoffroad.com/4x4-posi-lok-axle-engagement-dodge-cable- operated-shift-actuator/450

....so if the place where this cable attaches will engage the 4wd...note what it is doing when the button is pulled....that's the action we are lookin' for~

dress warm...wear leather gloves...not mittens~

if you're askin' about the guts of one of these pumpkins...all I can suggest is note the action when you engage it~ http://www.drivetrainamerica.com/p-21920-sl-c825-29-spartan-locker- chrysler-dodge-jeep-825-29-spline-axles.aspx? cagpspn=pla&gclid=CODUqu-AsbwCFedAMgodhmwAag