H ave a 88 Ramcharger the won't start when you turn the key. hhhhhave headlights,intr. lights but dead at the key. Have checked everthing good ground,battery,power to fuse box good fuses nothing at k

Asked by Apr 04, 2010 at 05:31 PM about the 1988 Dodge Ramcharger

I have a 1988 Dodge ram charger. I was tuning the truck, it started with no problems a few times. Then we were testing the timing some we started the truck put it drive with foot on the brake and pushed the gas pedal if it boug down the timing was not set wright it didn't then it was set. well the truck did good but it  did cut off so when we did try and start it no thing happens at the key. We have good ground.starter,battery,fuses and power is getting to the headlights,fuse box,intr. lights,starter relay everthing is good but nothing at the key. Can anyone help.

40

If you have a automatic 727 trans. check the neutral safety switch located on the drivers side of the transmission just above the pan. It has three terminals 2 for back up lights, and the other that runs up to your starter relay. The center pin goes to the starter relay, it is the left bottom pin if you are looking at the relay from the drivers side fender.The wires on the plug for the switch sometimes break or the plug might have come off, if the wires are good the switch might be bad. Mine did this several times and nothing happens when you turn the key. Hope this helps.

50

Can't start truck with key

50

1989 dodge ram charger no power to key

50

Can anyone help me

50

Ordered new ECC unit

50

Replaced neutral safety switch and harness still nothing at key