Truck

Asked by Apr 17, 2016 at 04:51 PM about the 1987 Dodge Ramcharger

I just bought a 1987 dodge ram charger
and when I put a battery in it the truck will
be shut off and the lights on the inside stay
on and I don't know how to keep them
from killing my battery

96,685

Make sure the dome light has been turned off on the headlight control knob, if that is off then start looking for the defective door switch, you can unplug those to kill the switch.

Best Answer

Oh ok the dome light is off it is the lights by the backseat

96,685

They should have thier own separate switch, look closely it should have a ridge right down the center, they slide back and forth for on and off, the other style was a push button, push on push off. That is the only ones I know of back then. Do they look factory or something added aftermarket?

They look factory

96,685

Then the switch should be on the main body of the light.